Thursday, February 3, 2011

LISA M. LUGO BLOG POST #2/14

"He is like an inexperienced priest who listens tolerantly to the first simple confessions of impure thoughts, and then listens with increasing horror as the sins mount, one outdoing the other until he is schocked into dumbness"


I think every individual doubts a human's capability to keep a secret; therefore, those who "know" how to maintain their mouths shuts are labeled as weird or liars. I believe Silence, created by Henry Fuseli portrays the image of those who know how to be loyal to somebody else's secret. It shows how some may feel like hearing a secret it's an exhausting job, yet part of their duty as a "sane" person. In my view, we all look like this when we judge those who can keep a secret. Because we are all fools to think we can keep a secret, when we cannot even keep our own thoughts of insanity to ourselves.




Charles Willeford, Cockfighter (New York:Vintage Books, 1972),page 37

1 comment:

  1. Your vision and ideology is so deep Lisa. I love you so much and miss your beautiful smile and hysterical laugh. I pray I see you again and I pray for the best in your life. Secrets have all to do with love and loyalty. I find myself alone most of my days because most "can't hold water". In life, it is difficult to find loyal die hards but when you do, enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete