Thursday, February 3, 2011

KRISTIN HOLLOWAY #2 of 14 posts


"When I hit the atmosphere, I'll burn like a meteor"

I feel like this is a powerful quote of the Kaleidoscope story because it really illuminates the sad meaning behind the story. The downfall of the astronauts is shown as a bad "falling" in which was repeated several times. I find this quote powerful because the main guy in the story is saying that he will burn like a meteor at the end of the falling. I think it could be disguising a sort of sin he may have committed and there is no turning
back. I feel like once he hits earth it can be almost contagious and it could affect others. His falling is a loss of hope and the loss of the sanity of life. At the end of the story the falling of himself is seen in a child's eyes as a shooting star which is a "wish" in a little boys heart. A nice contradiction.



Bradbury, Ray. The Illustrated Man. (New York: Bantam Spectra Books: 1951), page 27.

http://library.artstor.org.esearch.ut.edu/library/welcome.html#3|cluster|AMOMA_10312310534||The20Starry20Night|||



No comments:

Post a Comment