Thursday, February 10, 2011

Arron Lambie, Blog # 3/14


"It was and abrupt shift in mood and surroundings, and even more abrupt disruption to the pace of my life."

In my opinion the image that I have chosen represents the abrupt disruption to the pace of her life. The image seems blurry, and thus the reason for my selection. The blurriness of the picture represents the abrupt change in pace. The blur stands to show how the character has not been able to adjust to the sudden change immediately as the image goes from being blurry to clear. It also shows how dramatic the speed of her life has changed. I believe that the train represents the woman, as it can change speed, much like the woman and her change of pace throughout life.


Kay Redfield Jamison, An Unquiet Mind, Alfred A. Knopf, INC., 1995, 52.
http://library.artstor.org/library/welcome.html#3|search|1|speed|Multiple20Collection20Search|||type3D3126kw3Dspeed26id3Dall26name3D

No comments:

Post a Comment