Thursday, February 24, 2011

AMBER FAHRNER BLOG POST # 5

"Just for the record, the weather today is bitter with occasional fits of jealous rage".


The quote is talking about the family dynamic in the novel. How their is never really any happiness going on inside. The family is royally messed up with each others owns issues. I picked the quote because it stood out to me when I was reading the novel, it made me stop and think about what the quote was saying. It is said like a sly comment being made but powerful words. Saying that someone can be a real pain in the ass, bitter and jealous. Using the weather to reflect the emotion. I chose the picture to represent the quote because it looked like a storm that was coming in. When I look at the picture I imagine the quote being said how the storm is coming and it is full of anger and bitterness. The storm does not represent something of a happy nature. Storms are angry with lighting and thunder which to me represents the rage that comes from a person. All the emotions that someone can be keeping in, and when that storm comes on that certain day everything is unleashed.




Chuck Palahniuk, Diary Chuck Palahniuk (Doubleday, 2003), page 76

http://library.artstor.org/library/iv2.html?parent=true

No comments:

Post a Comment