Friday, February 18, 2011

KAITLIN CONGO



"I sat down and wrote a long letter to my parents, in case I was killed. In the past sixteen months I had bribed, flattered, pried, bullied, begged, and wheedled in order to continue my walk. I was more of a tramp than a mystic, but as I wrote I felt at peace. I described to my parents the moments on the way that seemed to have a deep, unified relation to my past. I wondered if walking was not a form of dancing." (Page 115,116).



This picture, although of women, is a good representation of what Rory Stewart was feeling. Questioning whether or not walking was a form of dancing. And from this little image, it seems as though the lady walking in the front middle could either be doing both. What Stewart was questioning was inevitable an objective question which can be interpreted either way depending on the individual. Stwewart claimed he loved to dance, and thus on his journey of walking across Afghanistan, he could really have been dancing across. And he loved expressing this feelings an emotions when he finally got the chance to write throughout this journey of his.

Noyes, Penelope Barke. Five Women Walking Across A Lawn (1914 May 26) page 46

No comments:

Post a Comment