Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hessa Al Rumaihi Blog # 5/14

"That night I had my second blood dream. It was keenly similar to the first. I was thirsty for blood. And enemies were after me, enemies that knew i was a demon and must be destroyed. I was running." (p.83)



Have you ever felt like your soul lived a past life, like you were someone else and had a different reason for existence? All of us have those dreams once in a while and wake up believing every detail we saw. Pandora, the main character of the book dreams of drinking blood and craves it before she was even turned or was made into a vampire, she had dreams about it every night and wouldn't understand why she had those occurring dreams. I felt that the picture i chose portrayed the scene perfectly because the woman in the painting looks like she's having a very intense nightmare and she seems to start to believe what she's seeing. What looks on top of her is a demon, whispering thoughts into her ears giving her the ideas she's thinking about while she's dreaming.

Rice, Anne. Pandora: New Tales of the Vampires. New York: Knopf, 1998. Print. (pg. 83)




No comments:

Post a Comment