Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ashley Hushka, Blog #5/14

"Frenesi Margaret, Zoyd Herbert, will you, for real, in trouble or in trippiness, promise to remain always on the groovy high known as Love"

In the 1960s, people did drugs a lot, that's obvious. They also had a lot of love, usually the hippies. I love this quote because just from watching movies and hearing music from the 60's, I wish I was born then. Life seemed so simple then as hippie. People had so much love to offer and all they wanted was peace in the world. Needless to say, these vows are pretty bad ass and so are the Beatles which is why I decided to use a picture of them to go along with this quote. Also, I chose it because I am big fan of them and a lot of their music has to do with love and drugs.




Thomas Pynchon, Vineland (Canada: Little, Brown and Company, 1990) pg. 38
http://library.artstor.org.esearch.ut.edu/library/iv2.html?parent=true#

No comments:

Post a Comment