Friday, February 18, 2011

AMANDA N. CRUZ GERENA 4/14


"His mouth missed hers and recoiled. He'd never yet kissed a girl."

I thought this quote was very funny, in the way the mental picture goes. Rose and the boy are about to kiss but miss that kiss. He has no sense of what he is doing. and you can tell in the way that it is described before that act that his nervousness was letting ignorance on his thoughts. this quote reminded me of the "cooties". When your little girls hate boys and boys hate girls, they are disgusting creatures. and this is what the boy reminded me of, this childish ignorance of the "cooties". The image I choose captures the exact mental picture I had while reading this; rejection of the sane and innocent love.

Graham Greene, Brighton Rock, Penguin Books, 1977, p. 93

http://brittabarricade.deviantart.com/art/Cooties-190575499


No comments:

Post a Comment