Friday, April 8, 2011

Hessa Al Rumaihi Blog # 10/13

"I dont know why. I pressed my cheek to the cold tile. I liked the coldness against my face. I was in a state of madness, but not an uncontrollable state. I lay staring". (pg 142)


I knew i could relate or use this quote because of the way the author wrote these lines. A lot of us have been through a lot in our lives from losing the closest people in your life, a family member, a lover, a friend, or even a pet. Nobody is able to change the reality and the best way to make it all go away is by going through the pain by yourself, letting time heal all your sorrows. In this chapter, Pandora had to leave Romania so that she wouldn't be killed by the assassins because of her father's occupation. She watched as they killed her father right in front of her. All she could do is leave the country to survive, so she her father planned ahead for her to sail to Greece and start over with a new name, house,  and atmosphere. She had lost everything she had that was important in her life, and all the gold and money she had wouldn't make up for the losses in her life. I chose this picture because i thought it was the most relevant to the quote, as you can see the woman is lying down on the floor and she looks as if she has gone through a lot of pain in her life. The only way to forget is to be in an open space all by yourself and to get all your anger and thoughts out. The woman is lying down in a fetal position, just like a baby and that shows that she just wants to someone to tell her that everything will be alright and to fix the problems in her life. No one is alone, there is someone for everyone.


Rice, Anne. Pandora: New Tales of the Vampires. New York: Knopf, 1998. Print. (pg. 142)

No comments:

Post a Comment