Wednesday, April 6, 2011

AMBER FAHRNER BLOG POST # 10

"He told her to shut her eyes and hold still. You could feel him step up close. The heat of him. You could smell his unraveling sweater, the way his skin had the bitter smell of semi-sweet bakers chocolate. His own self-portrait".

When I read this quote I think of two powerful, strong people. Every word in the quote I am able to imagine and picture vividly. In the context of the book it is referring to the main couple that is mentioned through out and how they are so close to each other. I decided on this particular image because I believed it was a very strong picture just like the words in the quote. It shows the passion of being close together but just far enough away. I think the side profile of the man really express a view of his self-portrait. When I view him I see a powerful man the type that makes you feel up close when he is around you. While the woman has a more subtle look her eyes looking slightly downwards while closed waiting for him. I think the picture portrays the quote in a more passionate concept. The couple in the book may have unresolved issues but they are still able to have moments together of love.




Chuck Pala
hniuk, Diary Chuck Palahniuk (Doubleday, 2003), page 180

http://www.company.co.uk/cm/companyuk/images/Zs/15-great-sex-tips-feb-main.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment