Thursday, April 14, 2011

AMANDA N. CRUZ GERENA 11/13


"She had stolen biscuits, she had never stolen money. She expected to feel shame, but it didn't come -only again the odd swell of pride."

I really loved this quote even though it's not that significant. The reason I loved this quote is because it reminded me of me when I was a kid and the first time (and last jaja) that I stole candy. I had never stolen anything in my life but I felt I had to do it because I knew my mom wasn't going to buy me that candy. I thought I would feel bad about it but I didn't... it was kind of fun. Rose has always had in her the innocence of a child... she always knows what's best for her but never truly listens to the voice inside her; and therefor ends up in difficult situations. The image I chose explains exactly what I pictured, a girl who has no shame for what she is doing even in the face of authority. It's a shame that these things happen but they do.

Graham Greene, Brighton Rock, Penguin Books, 1977, p. 193
http://www.ayushveda.com/womens-magazine/stealing-in-children/

No comments:

Post a Comment