Saturday, March 19, 2011

KAITLIN CONGO #8/13


#8 "It was twilight when I saw a village on a slope on the far bank of the Hari Rud River. The valley was narrow and its sides were steep. Dark, troubled patches of quickly moving water showed through the broken river ice. There was no bridge. Babur and I crossed thirty feet on a narrow, snow-dusted causeway of ice, then climbed through the snow to the edge of the village." (page 194).
I thought this little excerpt from the book was very discrptive and colorful in it's choice of words describing this value and mountain in Afghanistan. I could immediately picture the "broken river ice" which was also "snow dusted." The entire passage was very rich in descrption. And thus, I found a picure that was also seen snow-dusted with the river showing and steep sides of the valley to emulate was was described in the book. And all aspects very visually important to grasp in one picture, I believe.
Alison Wright.Snowy River Valley in Brooks Mountain Range. Corbis Images. 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment