Friday, March 25, 2011

DANA SAYDAK #8 of 14


"The true reason was that I felt like a nobody, I felt like a nobody because I wasn't a normal person...When I went to college I was just like everybody else, and had to study like everybody else..."(p. 131)

Essentially, Chapman had always been in his own world and didn't have friends or people in general that he could relate to. In most situations he simply stood out when he would have preferred to blend in. Upon entering college, it is seemingly easier for him to do this because no one has any predetermined views of you. Not only that, because of academia you really can blend in and be "normal". The image I selected seemed to sum that up. Chapman was standing out his whole life, the purple guy, and all he ever wanted to do was fade in and be "normal", the gray guys. Chapman finally felt as though he would be able to let someone stand out while he blended into the background.

http://www.ioimovement.com/standing-out-in-the-crowd.html

Jack Jones, Let Me Take You Down (London: Virgin Publishing, 1992), page 131

No comments:

Post a Comment