Wednesday, March 2, 2011

AMBER FAHRNER BLOG POST # 6


"Money gives your permission to just walk away from everything that isn't less than perfect. You can't put up with anything less than lovely. You spend your life running, avoiding, escaping".



I picked this quote because it really stood out and seemed quite powerful. In context with the novel the quote it referring to how rich people do not tolerate much because they are expecting to receive anything that they ask for. When I read the quote I believe it is something that people might stereotype rich individuals as. That if money cannot get someone out of a situation then they will just leave and avoid it. The picture I chose is of a family waving goodbye. I felt that this was a good representation of the quote because when I look at the picture I imagine them leaving a situation behind because money either helped them out with something or they are escaping because what they want it not up to standards. I view the picture as a family that will not stand for anything but the best and what money can buy, and if that does not happen then they will leave and wave goodbye. In the context of the story money can buy ones happiness, and they are privileged enough to have the option to walk away when something is not good enough.





Chuck Palahniuk, Diary Chuck Palahniuk (Doubleday, 2003), page 102

http://library.artstor.org/library/iv2.html?parent=true

No comments:

Post a Comment