Wednesday, January 26, 2011

LISA M. LUGO BLOG POST #1/14

"Every emotion she felt was transmitted to her pretty, mobile face. Her facial expressions underwent a rapid exchange of dismay, anger, frustruation and fear, setting finally on a fixed look of righteous indignation."


I believe that in every individual's mind there are millions of emotions that run through our brain when a certain situation occurs. Even though our facial expressions are not capablet of changing as quickly as our thoughts, we tend to narrow down our emotions and physically express the biggest thought that made an impact in us. I chose Nan Goldin's picture self-portrait with eyes turned inward, because I believe it represents how facial expressions act as a system. I felt that when I was reading the quote, while starring at the picture I could notice the transition of emotions leading to the final product of a dissapointed face. She holds the eye look I thought of when I read this quote.

Charles Willeford, Cockfighter (New York: Vintage Books, 1972), page 21
http://library.artstor.org/library/welcome.html#3search1sad20kidMultiple20Collection20Searchtype3D3126kw3Dsad20kid26id3Dall26name3D

No comments:

Post a Comment