Friday, January 28, 2011

ALEXANDRIA ASCIOTI #1/14


"Every cloud has its silver lining, at least that's the way I figure it. I mean, if we didn't have the rain we wouldn't have the rainbows, now would we?"

It is very common for one to occasionally feel hopeless or drown in sorrow because something terrible occurred. However, I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason. Occasionally, it is necessary for problems to go wrong before they get better. If the concept of failure did not exist, then there would be nothing to learn from. Rainbows are formed after rain, and some of the most beautiful rainbows come from the worst rain storms. Therefore, I feel many positive things develop from negative situations. That is how fate works sometimes, and it allows for further growth in each of us.

In the photograph that I chose, there are numerous trees that appear to be infinitely lined up together. I chose this picture because I feel it represents the development as mentioned before. The trees depict growth and the infinite illusion shows how this growth can continue forever, even if mistakes are made along the journey of life. In the end, there can be positive outcomes if one remains optimistic.


Jim Thompson. The Killer Inside Me. 1991. 54

No comments:

Post a Comment