Friday, January 28, 2011

Danielle Grava Post # 1/14


"Graham switched on the lights and bloodstains shouted at him from the walls, from the mattress and the floor. The very air had screams smeared on it. He flinched from the noise in this silent room full of dark stains drying."

In the novel Red Dragon, Graham is having a hard time deciding if he wants to help solve a psycho killers murder crime. He ends up doing it and in this scene he is checking out the house alone. I can't imagine walking into a house where a family was brutally murdered, especially by myself, but these descriptive few lines allowed me to feel the eeriness of it. The blood is just surrounding him and he is picturing and replaying in his mind what he think happened the night of the murders. This quote instantly became a vivid image in my mind when I read it. I didn't just see red blood though, I felt the insanity of the killer and the image I chose relates to that aspect. There wasn't just blood where they were supposedly killed. It was spread all around the rooms and house. In the novel they also talk about how psychopath serial killers never have a motive. They are just crazy with out any incentive.

Thomas Harris, Red Dragon, Dell Publishing, 1990, pg. 15

http://library.artstor.org/library/secure/ViewImages?id=8jNTaD4kJDgpRio7ez16Qg%3D%3D&userId=hTNBczQ%3D&zoomparams=

No comments:

Post a Comment