Thursday, January 27, 2011

Carly Gaffney Blog #1

"There was a dampness in the air and a slick was showing on the streets, reflecting lights of the city back from all angle. It was one of those nights that had a bad smell to it."

Dark eerie streets are usually an underlying meaning for something bad that is going to happen. Like a full moon or a black cat, it is an indicator of potential trouble. I used The Pont Neuf image because I got that same eerie feeling from the picture as I did from the quote by Mickey Spillane. I feel like I can actually see the dampness in the picture as if it were a film clip. I can only imagine what being on that street will reveal.


Mickey Spillane, The Snake (Bath: Chivers Press, 1964), page 78

http://library.artstor.org/library/secure/ViewImages?id=8D1Efjk2NjsgQi8

No comments:

Post a Comment